Purpose of role:
This is a unique opportunity to join the fast growing WSI operation in Sao Paolo, Brazil as Service Manager. You will report to the Centre Director and assume overall responsibility for the delivery of Educational Services within your assigned centre with the support of the National Service Manager. Brazil has recently been acquired by WSI has an exciting development plan with the objective of expanding the WSI footprint across South America thanks to new opening of centres with maximum 500 student capacity.
You will lead & manage the service team comprising of Teachers, Personal Tutors and Receptionists, ensuring that they provide the best possible service and educational experience to the students, which will ultimately lead to referrals, renewals and the strengthening of our brand in Brazil.
Being the figure responsible for the student’s educational success and satisfaction throughout their course, you will spend much of your time overseeing each function’s activities, according to Standard Operating Procedures, in line with the Wall Street Methodology and expected KPIs.
You will need to work in synergy with the Sales Team, ensuring that the service promised by the consultants lives up to standard, by managing, leading, organising and motivating your own team on a daily basis. In essence you will be the ambassador for educational excellence and instil this within your Centre. This would be an ideal opportunity for an experienced and confident WSI Teacher who has knowledge of working in different countries wanting to take a bold step up or for an existing Service Manager, ready to take on a new challenge in South America’s fastest growing WSI network. This will be your chance to contribute to a real success story for WSI in a country that offers a great lifestyle, passion for life and some of the friendliest people you will ever meet!
• Managing the Centre and ensuring everyday smooth operations and delivery to students.
• Ensure that the Wall Street methodologies and best practice is followed at all times in order to achieve consistency with other Centre.
• Working closely with the Centre Director and creating a strong partnership between Service (didactic) team and Sales Team, in order to create good synergies.
• Lead the Service team and assuring they achieve the KPIs expected of them.
• Managing quality and standardization through the implementation of the Standard Operating Procedure.
• Ensure the implementation of effective meeting and information sharing structures
• Work with Human Resources to ensure that all people development strategies to support retention and excellent results are put in place.
• Creating and providing timely and accurate reports that track and monitor all centre KPIs.
• Ensure that student satisfaction and learning levels exceed expected benchmarks.
• Promote and teach the WSI method using the Acquisition Cycle and quality controlling its use by didactic staff.
• Control educational standards by teaching Encounters, Complementary Classes, Social Club Activities, First/Second lessons,
• Motivating and coaching centre staff to provide excellent results and service.
• Identification of key areas of improvement and implementing the correct changes.
• Responsibility for the hiring and training of Service Team by observing and evaluating.
• Assure optimum number of staffing and effective rostering of your team.
• Managing the meeting structure and Monthly Social Club Activity Calendar.
• Budgeting planning and forecasting with Centre Director
• Correct usage of Client Fidelity plan to increase Centre Revenue.
• Providing timely and accurate reports to Centre Director.
• Native or bilingual speaker of English.
• University degree.
• CELTA or equivalent certificate in TEFL.
• Two years of teaching experience (preferred), ideally with WSI.
• Management experience, able to lead and motivate a team.
• Strategic and Operational profile, able to translate long-term strategies into everyday manageable goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills—patient, responsible, and empathetic.
• Inspiring and supportive to staff and Students.
• Experience having lived in different countries, ideally as an English Teacher or Service Manager.
• Wall Street experience as an English Language Teacher is a distinct advantage.
• Commercial or sales experience an advantage.